GFS&T Club offers a variety of instructional, social, and competitive tennis programs for adult players of all ages and skill levels. Beets Tennis, LLC and our Director of Tennis, Branden Beets, provides high-level coaching for players who are looking to grow in the game, looking to have a little fun while learning, and looking to improve at match play. There's something for everyone!
If you are trying to figure out where to start, looking for guidance as to your level, seeking a hitting partner or friendly-play opponents, or you are interested in joining a team, contact Coach Branden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall class schedule: August to October 2018
Click the calendar below for a larger, easier-to read version that you can also download or print. To register for a class, email email@example.com with your request.
Team Tennis: April-OCTOBER 2018
Join your fellow members and play for a GFS&T Club tennis team! Our teams play in the NVTL and GWTA leagues and we currently sponsor 6 women's daytime, 2 women's evening, 2 men's teams, and one mixed doubles team. Teams form in February and March, and play occurs from spring to fall, depending on the league. Players may be added to rosters at any time during the season. Our players are encouraged to participate in team practices held prior to the start of the season by Coach Branden.
If you're new to team tennis and want more information, contact the Director of Tennis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, contact one of our team captains directly:
- NVTL A: Sylvia Ghorbani, 703-470-8448, email@example.com
- NVTL B (Evening): Boni Vinter, 703-298-6700, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NVTL B2: Nancy Guidi, 703-919-3455, email@example.com
- NVTL B3: Diana Shevlin, 202.256.8708, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NVTL C (Evening): Ipsita Smolinski, 917-294-3558, email@example.com
- GWTA-B2: Brenda Bosch, 703-757-6663, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GWTA-C1: Mary Chlopecki, 703-304-5152, email@example.com
- GWTA-C2: Karen Collazo, 703-501-2511, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Ladies’ Team Tennis Principles and Procedures document provides further information about our competitive women’s tennis program
- A Team: David Whelan, 703-759-9611, email@example.com
- B Team: George Binns, 703-759-4621, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed Doubles Team:
- NVTL B (Sunday Afternoons): Claire Abbott, 703-517-6442
Social Tennis Events - Summer & Fall 2018
The Club hosts regular tennis socials throughout the year including bi-weekly mixed doubles socials, and theme nights like Country/Western and Island Breeze. This is a great chance to meet other tennis players, have fun, and enjoy the social side of the game. Schedule is posted on our Events page and you can RSVP on yourcourts.com.